July 2014 - Paph stonei Again?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it would be an excellent parent for the much loved but hard to find Paph Stone Addict if you could find someone to send you Adductum pollen!

That would be an excellent cross. Pollen from Paph adductum and and Paph adductum var. anitum are so hard to find.

That would be an excellent cross. Pollen from Paph adductum and and Paph adductum var. anitum are so hard to find.

I certainly don't know the rules on shipping pollen but a rather nice adductum was posted on here not too long ago and my mama taught me that it never hurts to ask...

How long have you been growing yur stonei? And what do you feed it? It truly is a beautiful specimen plant

How long have you been growing yur stonei? And what do you feed it? It truly is a beautiful specimen plant

Very low dosage of .25 teaspoon per gallon of 25-10-10 once a month and sometimes I use 20-20-20. Evey once in a while I would use calcium ntrate and epson salt at the same dosage.

My mix consist of chc, moss, perlite, lava rock and dolomite limestone chips.

I got it in late 2008 as a seedling from Orchid Inn with a leafspan of 18 cm.

Sam has grown it from flask for 4 years so the plant is actually almost 10 years old.

Our water in Victoria is very low in TDS of about 20 PPM with a pH of about 6.7

Last edited:
You alternate calcium supplement and fertilizing with every other watering, huh I fertilize almost full strength 3 weeks a month, the last week I flush, I fertilize too much? Your stonei is awesome!!

You alternate calcium supplement and fertilizing with every other watering, huh I fertilize almost full strength 3 weeks a month, the last week I flush, I fertilize too much? Your stonei is awesome!!

I water it twice a week! IF you fertilize it weekly I suggest you water it in the middle of the week with just plain water as a flush.

I do in the summer when it's hot in the winter I fertilize the same rate as you, are you in a cool climate area?

Latest posts

Back