Joe's Cyps for 2010

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All are beauties Joe. Very cool that you are growing the Amerorchis - such a rare thing outside its native range. It should be interesting to see if the montanum retains those green petals and sepals - I've heard that they can vary from year to year. Very nice pubescens clump too - I wouldn't call a 14 growth plant "little"!

The first reginae of the season is blooming in my garden. I waited too long to photograph it - the flower is already fading. This one opened in hot weather, so it is quite pale in color. With the cool weather we have now, I'm hoping at least one will open with more intense color. This is a first-bloom seedling.

My second reginae is now open. I can't seem to get the timing right with these - the dorsal was nice and erect yesterday. This one opened with much nicer color as it was cooler out.

Nice job! my plant is not blooming this year!

Isn't that aggravating? I had some luck with reginaes this year (not all of them bloomed) but so many of my other Cyps are not blooming! My passerinum hasn't bloomed since the year I got it! I guess I should be thankful they aren't dead...:eek:

Back