Jennifer Stage 'alba'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I have seedlings of that, mine aren't quite flowering size though... Thanks for the photo, something to look forward to :)

BTW, do you know the exact parents of your cross?

Extremely nice! What would an ordinary colored clone look like?

Just lay a bunch of burgundy blotches aligned in stripes all over it and maybe a bit of red overlay on the pouch. In general, brachy x multi crosses are very nice! Do a Google image search for "Paph Woluwense" or "Paph Crystelle" (viola... http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&...=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1216&bih=872 ) and see how far your jaw drops. :) This is the first albino I've seen from that line of breeding, and I like it a lot.

Even if mated from an albino multi (very rare except for phili) to an albino Brachy (certainly obtainable) you are not guaranteed to get any albino progeny in the first generation as sometimes the albino gene(s) are on different or multiple loci in different sections or even species. If the breeder was lucky, the loci matched up 100% and they got all albino offspring (a homozygous breeding in "simple Mendelian genetics"). Not sure if that's the case here, would need to see a ratio of colored:albino to make the call for sure.

Brings up fairrieanum. Have seen a 'phenotypicly true' Paph fairrieanum fma. bohlmannianum bred with an album sec barbata (Maudiae type) hybrid to give offspring with some pink highlights. Totally unexpected IMO, but evidence our little pouched friends don't read genetics texts! Or just choose to not breed Mendelian all the time. Shoot, adds to the fun!

Just lay a bunch of burgundy blotches aligned in stripes all over it and maybe a bit of red overlay on the pouch. In general, brachy x multi crosses are very nice! Do a Google image search for "Paph Woluwense" or "Paph Crystelle" (viola... http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&...=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1216&bih=872 ) and see how far your jaw drops. :) This is the first albino I've seen from that line of breeding, and I like it a lot.

Thanks Ernie - I had seen Rolfei and Gods Lady before but not much else. My jaw dropped quite far... :drool:

Very interesting info about genetics - thanks!

Back