I've been offered some new plants.....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bolero

Just wondering what you think of these crosses as hybrids worth buying and what you think of the price?

stonei x delenatii $30 - 6 inch leaf span

phillipinense x callosum $35 - 8 inch leaf span

What do you think? I haven't seen these in flower so I am not sure what to expect but the price sounds reasonable.......should I buy them at that price?

Thanks

I think there was a picture of a stonei x delenatii on the site fairly recently, but it definitely wasn't something very appealing.

I think there was a picture of a stonei x delenatii on the site fairly recently, but it definitely wasn't something very appealing.

Thanks, I had a feeling so that's why I asked before I committed to buying them.

I might give it a miss.......;-)

Hmm, had a Marilyn Hanson, but ditched it in favor of several other superior delenatii x multi crosses. Stonei gives it a hoody dorsal and slouchy petals. It's pretty, but I prefer Delrosi to it any day. (delenatii x (some multi X some cochlo)) are also generally very nice and will bloom more regularly and with better form. If it's the only white/pink of the general breeding line you can get, go for it, otherwise, I'd save the bench space.

Phili X callosum will be neat, but I like album Maudiae types x phili album OR the vini version of same (or even better with wilhemlinae) over the coloratums.

Shoot, if you like them, get them.

Just wondering what you think of these crosses as hybrids worth buying and what you think of the price?

What do you think? I haven't seen these in flower so I am not sure what to expect but the price sounds reasonable.......should I buy them at that price?

Bolero, if you are interested in kolopakingii X delenatii please see my thread in For Sale.

Bolero, if you are interested in kolopakingii X delenatii please see my thread in For Sale.

Thanks, I haven't seen your thread for sale. I need to pay more attention!

The two links for the plants are nice but I guess I don't have room for plants that may not be show quality so I might give these two a miss but will check out your kolpakingii x del.

For the earlier post, I have two Delrosi's which are fairly mature, I am excited about those as well.

I just looked for it as well and I can't see it either....... can you give us a link Howard?

Latest posts

Back