Isabelia (Sophronitella) violacea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
P1210990.JPG

short lived flower (2 days) then it seems that it self-pollinated :confused:

No, I was just checking IOSPE. Taxonomically it is very different from the one left as Isabelia, (i.e. virginalis).

It appears IOSPE shows the 2001 reference that merged Neolauchea and Sohronitella into Isabelia, it just doesn't follow it. It doesn't seem to show anything more recent that counters it. Whether that reflects an informed decision to reject that merge, or just inertia, I don't know.

We're not really disagreeing. Yes, IOSPE recognizes 3 genera for 3 species. I just think it is likely that they never incorporated the merge when it was new in 2001 and have never revisited it, rather than deciding to split them again more recently as you seem to imply. I don't think it has any bearing on what is generally accepted now. IOSPE does a fantastic job providing a huge amount of relatively up-to-date information on publications, but I don't think passing judgement on recent taxonomic changes is their strength or their real mission.

Back