Phal violacea ‘Paisley Park’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I dont have many Phalaenopsis for various reasons, but jumped on the bandwagon on these violacea’s. I mean, why not?! Color, scent and they flower for a long time.

Not the best flowering this year as far as shape and recurve BUT nearly 2x the size from last.

Tyler

Attachments

• 80AC7217-8E99-472B-B656-B2C0139FB5F5.jpeg
    80AC7217-8E99-472B-B656-B2C0139FB5F5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Justin - this is a survivor from a group purchased a while ago. They want it warm to hot and I grow intermediate to cool. They all go on the heat pad in winter under lights with other warm loving plants (Mexipedium etc). This one is potted in 50/50 styro peanuts and moss in a basket and that is in a 4” pot with moss on the bottom. Seems to love this configuration as the bottom of the 4” is loaded with roots. Bright light. Thats all. Lol

Tom- if this one was not recurved…..but I also want to bring it to our JC with more spikes and flowers.

Tyler

Thanks. Yeah they definitely don't like winter. I thought about trying a heat pad, as I really love these.

...... if this one was not recurved…..but I also want to bring it to our JC with more spikes and flowers.
Tyler

The colour of this flower is great .... unfortunately they flower with only few flowers at one spike so you will need a strong plant which produces more spikes in flower simultaniously ..... a flower spike with 10+ of these flowers would be an eye catcher.

Back