Is this Ho Chi Minh good enough to keep?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotsomerice

Reaction score
I am trying to organize my bench space. Is this Paph. Ho Chi Minh good enough to keep? The color is not as vivid as others I've seen on here. What do you think?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 91
I failed to measure the size. :confused: This was in bloom in October. The cross is:
delenatii '0202i' x vietnamense '1815A'. I got this from Orchidaceae in 2010. It finally bloomed for me.

Unlike orchaolic, I promise to promptly dispose of it if you send it to me!!!! (Evil grin)

Like others have said, it is very delenatii and has light color. But it does have nice form and fairly even color.

Keep it until you find a better one.

Shape is fine, size looks o.k. (and might get larger later on), and colour can be a variable depending on temperature.

I failed to measure the size. :confused: This was in bloom in October. The cross is:
delenatii '0202i' x vietnamense '1815A'. I got this from Orchidaceae in 2010. It finally bloomed for me.

I don't know the award stats for Ho Chi Mins, but do you think it's close to an AM or HCC? If not, not a keeper? (And again, does it have virus?).

I could find space for it.

But as always if you are felling good with it keep it if not give it away

Keep it until you find a better one.

Shape is fine, size looks o.k. (and might get larger later on), and colour can be a variable depending on temperature.
Good advice Carsten! I would keep it. It sounds like it's a first bloom, so it should get better, my only criticism is the balance (left petal appears to be larger than the right).

Latest posts

Back