Interesting hybrids of Paph. vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all, I would like to apologize for what could appear to be a criticism; no insult was intended. I appreciate your input on the percentage of non-Antec Lab. produced vietnamense and vietnamense hybrids that are in circulation. I would like to have, if you would, your ideas of whether the apparent short bloom-life of Paph vietnamense and it's hybrids is a characteristic of the species or whether you believe that there are certain strains available which do not have that undesirable trait.

How would you know which came from AnTec and which did not? Being the one person who knows how many Paph. vietnamense flasks and Paph. Ho Chi Minh flasks came from AnTec and where they went, I would estimate that a minimum of 95% of the vietnamense and 90% of the Ho Chi Minhs people claimed were from AnTec were imported, and that is a very conservative estimate.

This lack of of critical thinking before posting is one of the reasons so many people who could contribute get turned off to participating in these forums.

I think the reasoning behind Eric's posting is that while so many people in the US post that vietnamense and, in some cases, HCM, are short lived, (like 2 weeks or so ) some European posters have said that their blooms have a longer life, say 4 weeks or more. Take care, Eric

I think the reasoning behind Eric's posting is that while so many people in the US post that vietnamense and, in some cases, HCM, are short lived, (like 2 weeks or so ) some European posters have said that their blooms have a longer life, say 4 weeks or more. Take care, Eric

I just can tell you that my vietn. flower, that opened around the 10th of feb. is still in bloom, although having had a bad moment when I took the plant into my living-room for some days! Being back in the gh, it recovered, and even lifted its petals somewhat!! Jean

Latest posts

Back