In-Charm Handel

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Paphiopedilum In-Charm Handel is a primary hybrid between delenatii & hangianum.
This plant came from flask by Hengduan about ten years ago and is blooming for the first time now.
Almost identical flower as one I bloomed in the past but the plant is rather compact at only 9-10inch wide but the flower is almost 5inch across! There is a mild sweet scent.
Mike, has yours bloomed?
E0A32168-0C81-4D39-8820-D717D62CF593.jpeg

Last edited:
Paphiopedilum In-Charm Handel is a primary hybrid between delenatii & hangianum.
This plant came from flask by Hengduan about ten years ago and is blooming for the first time now.
Almost identical flower as one I bloomed in the past but the plant is rather compact at only 9-10inch wide but the flower is almost 5inch across! There is a mild sweet scent.
Mike, has yours bloomed?
View attachment 28906
Mine haven't bloomed yet, but my plants aren't nearly as healthy looking as your plant. Mike

Mine haven't bloomed yet, but my plants aren't nearly as healthy looking as your plant. Mike
Hopefully they will bloom sooner than later. Has any more of Liberty Taiwan bloomed for you? Only one bloomed for me so far. LT has been very slow & frustrating for me. Hence, I bought the flask of micranthum x LT.
Fingers crossed!

Hopefully they will bloom sooner than later. Has any more of Liberty Taiwan bloomed for you? Only one bloomed for me so far. LT has been very slow & frustrating for me. Hence, I bought the flask of micranthum x LT.
Fingers crossed!
Five of the Liberty Taiwan have bloomed. One was OK, two were duds, two had deformed dorsals. I decided to give them all another year, and I still have several that haven't bloomed yet. They do seem to be growing well. Mike

Five of the Liberty Taiwan have bloomed. One was OK, two were duds, two had deformed dorsals. I decided to give them all another year, and I still have several that haven't bloomed yet. They do seem to be growing well. Mike
Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to stick around with mine just a little longer and see how they fare under my care. Poor little things.

I kind of like the flower, though I imagine, that I would be more taken with it in real life! And I would obviously have loved to experience its scent....but, whoa, the plant itself is what really attracts my eye in your photo! It's soooo gorgeous! Well grown exemplar of this hybrid!

Kind regards, Jens

I kind of like the flower, though I imagine, that I would be more taken with it in real life! And I would obviously have loved to experience its scent....but, whoa, the plant itself is what really attracts my eye in your photo! It's soooo gorgeous! Well grown exemplar of this hybrid!

Kind regards, Jens
Thank you. The scent is not much to speak of actually. I prefer stronger or sweeter, or both as in my (hangianum x malipoense).
The plant maintains so many old leaves, which I find very odd. It does create this nice fan shape, though!

A flower with the shape of P. hangianum and the colouration of P. delenatii. But the clou is the shape of the plant....as Jens mentioned you could think of a Vanda ot something else monopodial at the first sight.

I’m usually partial to multis and species, but this really speaks to me, love the soft pink! Beautifully grown as wells congrats on the culture!

Back