Importation???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right place to post this thread.....so here goes.

There are several Chinese exporters that are selling plants on Ebay. I looked at their websites and was wondering if anyone has ordered from any of these Ebay sellers before and if they have all the proper documentation?

Thanks in advance.

tyler

Generally speaking. NO, they are sending the plants without proper documentation and the buyer is risking a nice fine, possible jail time and the plant being confiscated by the inspection dept. I doubt anyone here would be silly in admitting to doing something so dumb.

I don't think that jail time is an issue for someone who casually orders from these dealers....the main risk is confiscation and loss of the order.

I think there's also an issue of accuracy. You need to be careful if you base your purchasing decisions on the photos, because a lot of these overseas sellers have discovered the Hue & Saturation slider in Photoshop and, in addition to overstatements of size, tend to jack the colors of their photos to unnatural levels, way beyond that which can be found anywhere other than perhaps Tammy Faye Baker's old makeup chest.

Because its something I dont have any firsthand knowledge about and there's lots of here say about the 'quality' etc of Chinese and 'Asian' sourced plants form the internet.
If you've had an experience you're willing to share, I'd be interested.
I'm not ASIO (Oz CIA).

I hope NYE means it ironic.
If one buys the plants, he is the importeur, isn't he? But if you like to have CITES and it is a fake, then you are not guilty, right?

Latest posts

Back