I think my Paph Juliet needs a repot

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing root ball. I also have one large spicerianum x insigne (Leeanum) in need to be repotted. I can literally see the roots rolling inside the plastic pot from the outside. I am expecting at least 4/5 flowers this Winter, nothing so far, and may have to repot it soon after flowering. Should I wait or do it before flowering?

What a rotten thing to say to anyone; especially someone who had clearly grown and bloomed their plant very well. Petty politics sucks!

His problem was that he felt given the size of the plant it should have twice as many flowers. That would have meant 15 or 16 flowers. There weren't that many flowering size growths on the plant. It was a big plant but a lot of the growths were either old flowered growths or smaller immature growths. Old flowered growths on this plant take a long time to die while new growths take 3 years to flower. This combined with the fact the growths are as big as any of my multi-florals means the plant can look pretty big. Heck this is a small regional show not the WOC. Just mean spirited really.

Amazing root ball. I also have one large spicerianum x insigne (Leeanum) in need to be repotted. I can literally see the roots rolling inside the plastic pot from the outside. I am expecting at least 4/5 flowers this Winter, nothing so far, and may have to repot it soon after flowering. Should I wait or do it before flowering?

You might want to read this thread I started recently on my Bengal Lancers which was very root bound and the likely cause of the flowers continually aborting. If it is really root bound you might want to repot it straight away. If the plant is as big as it sounds it should have little impact.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22566

David

Sounds like a judge that doesn't know anything about growth / bloom habbits of Paphs or has something against slippers in general.

edit: Btw excellent growing and what a nice rootball.

That's an amazing plant
173643.gif
173643.gif
173643.gif

Back