I got baby chicks

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bcostello

Seven of them. They are so cute. When they go to sleep, they just kinda fall out. Sometimes they stretch one foot out behind their body as they sleep. I could watch them for hours. For now, they're living in the greenhouse.

IMG_3984.jpg

They are all females, hopefully, and only for laying eggs. They are Barred Rocks and Ameraucanas. The first lay brown eggs and the second lay a variety of colors, blues to greens. After 4-5 weeks they will have some feathers and can go outside in their coop and run.

neat.
some friends of mine outside of nyc have some too and they're really diggin' on 'em!
have fun

Cute! Have you named them all yet?

I have names, but haven't decided who is named what yet. I originally got 6, one died (it never acted right after I got it home), went back and got 2 more the next day. Everybody is doing well now. They are really sensitive to temp. levels. The heat lamp is on 24-7.

Cute ! Do you have a predator problem with your coop or is it tightly enclosed ? We use to have possums get our big chickens at night in the hen house. Too many predators around us !

I have #%*#$$~!^*& raccoons/possums eating up my birdseed. I will lock the chickens up tight at night.

Latest posts

Back