Holcoglossum kimballianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom-DE

Reaction score
Holcoglossum kimballianum--intermediate grower on hardwood stick mount. Bright light, good air movement and keep it slightly drier in winter.
It enjoyed the summer in the woods/backyard.
P1030157.JPG

Attachments

• P1050054.JPG
    P1050054.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 5
Nice, thanks for sharing. I was going to ask if you were in Thailand!

I was there almost 40 years ago and I didn't pay any attention to the flowers/orchids then, but for sure, my backyard is much cleaner than the Bangkok 40 years ago;) Just curious, what made you think Thailand?

Last edited:
Hello all, congratulations Tom, very nice plant. I grow one, it seems healthy and grows well, but I never could make it bloom. How do you grow it? Do you know how to induce this species to flower? Regards

Hello all, congratulations Tom, very nice plant. I grow one, it seems healthy and grows well, but I never could make it bloom. How do you grow it? Do you know how to induce this species to flower? Regards
Try to lower the temperature at night(down to the low 50sF) from September on. I never have problem to bloom Holcoglossum, including this species. Perhaps keeping them slightly drier during the colder months is beneficial. as I mentioned earlier, they like bright light and good air movement. I always grow them on mount.

Thank you all.

Try to lower the temperature at night(down to the low 50sF) from September on. I never have problem to bloom Holcoglossum, including this species. Perhaps keeping them slightly drier during the colder months is beneficial. as I mentioned earlier, they like bright light and good air movement. I always grow them on mount.

Thank you all.
Ok, I will try this, thank you Tom.

You're welcome, Mafate! I will be in Paris, Lyon then down to the Riviera in two weeks, and I hope the weather is warming up a little in France now.

Latest posts

Back