Hi from St. Paul, MN

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Linh. It's my Paph. Virgo, slightly modified.
I've seen some other photos of Virgo before but shape is a little different. How did yours get so "perfect" looking. I'm not familiar with all the slipper terminology, what's yours made from?

LOL! Neo Jedi Master....:rollhappy:

Actually, two of my Neos are going to show today as foliage plants! In the US! I'm kinda excited but have so many huge plants to bring for others I am worried I will forget to bring them. Poke. :poke: Poke.

Nice Av there Tracy!
Thanks, Heather! That's so exciting that you're showing! Good luck, will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Greetings form just north of the cities! MN ROCKS!:D

Robert (drorchid) is a good source of info. I have learned much from him especially about hybridizing. Not many people get the honor to meet him because he slaves away all day in the back flasking orchids.

Do you belong to the MN orchid society?:poke::D If not "yet" or even if you are a member you should talk to Ross (paphreek). There is very few people I know who can match his knowledge on paphs. When I talk to him it is kind of scary at his knowledge and almost every month he wins at least one award for his paphs.

-Jeran

Greetings form just north of the cities! MN ROCKS!:D

Robert (drorchid) is a good source of info. I have learned much from him especially about hybridizing. Not many people get the honor to meet him because he slaves away all day in the back flasking orchids.

Do you belong to the MN orchid society?:poke::D If not "yet" or even if you are a member you should talk to Ross (paphreek). There is very few people I know who can match his knowledge on paphs. When I talk to him it is kind of scary at his knowledge and almost every month he wins at least one award for his paphs.

-Jeran
Hi Jeran,
I haven't joined OSM because I know I won't have a good attendance rate at the meetings:D I'd only want to go if there was a speaker. Thanks for all the info though, I may join later on.

Hello Linh,
The name sounds vietnamese, but I maybe wrong.
If it is you are so brave to deal with cold, northern weather.

Hi Hien,

I was born in Saigon and came to MN when I was 3. 7/8 chinese, 1/8 vietnamese and 100% neo junkie. Not brave, just haven't taken the initiative to move out to CA yet. I'm a fan of some slippers too.:)

Hi Hien,

I was born in Saigon and came to MN when I was 3. 7/8 chinese, 1/8 vietnamese and 100% neo junkie. Not brave, just haven't taken the initiative to move out to CA yet. I'm a fan of some slippers too.:)

You are younger than I am , I grew up in Saigon, and that old name is still dear to my heart.
I hope one day, the peoples will restore the old name back same way russian voters chose to restore their city's name Saint Petersburg back from Leningrad.
Someone told me that the US government wanted to ensure a succesful assimilation, disperse the refugees among the states so that there is no large population in one place like florida cubans.
But in the end the weather won out, peoples would just naturally gather back in those states that have hot weather. I suspect that as my bones will get unbearable achy from winters, I wouldn't mind end up in california, no matter how small a place I will be able to afford.

Latest posts

Back