Hello from Latvia :)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vina

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined this forum and would like to introduce myself:
I'm fron Latvia. I'm hooked to orchid hobby for about 5-6 years, but first I fell in love when I saw Coelogyne .Cristata. I was just 12 years old :) Well it was
during the Soviet times and even in my dreams I couldn't imagine talking to you... ever. But here we are! :)
my dream is a small greenhouse, where I could grow my chids all year round. Latvia is at hardiness zone 5-6.
at the moment I grow them at home.
Besides Coelogyne cristata which is no doubt - The Queen, I like all kinds of slippers, but I'm 100% newbie with them. So, I'm looking forward to participating in this Forum.

Welcome, should have a lot of Cyps around in your area??

A lot of us dreaming on a nice grennhouse one day.

Welcome to our forum
hope we can be useful to you
greetings from thailand
cliokchi

another welcome from Memphis, Tn
you will enjoy this forum like no other..oh yeah...there is no other!

Wow! thanks for your welcomming :)

Welcome, should have a lot of Cyps around in your area??

well.. not so many. In nature they are pretty rear, in gardens - not ver popular. I tried to invent some, but unfortunately they died. :( Will start agian (one day :) )

Welcome, Vina, from Michigan, USA which also is in a hardiness zone of 5 - 6! I just came back from an orchid show and saw a couple of beautiful Coel. cristatas in displays. What a beautiful orchid to start with!

Wow! thanks for your welcomming :)

well.. not so many. In nature they are pretty rear, in gardens - not ver popular. I tried to invent some, but unfortunately they died. :( Will start agian (one day :) )

Never give up, if you need help just ask.

Back