Hello from England!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orchidelirium

Hi all,

My name is Amy, I am not actually a grower of slipper orchids but have more of an interest in them from a botanical/research point of view.

I am doing some research on slipper orchids (at the moment I am looking at how different species of Paph are grown, where people buy them from and why people are so drawn to them) and was hoping to be able to come here and ask advice from some experts occasionally, if that is ok. In return I will share with you what I find out!

I will be posting some questions occasionally so if you have a few minutes it would be great if you could help me out :)

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Amy

Normaly ladys like slippers.

Buy your first one and then we discuss on....

Welcome from germany

Thanks for the replies! I am noticing a trend in suggestions here! I have a feeling that I will succumb to buying one or two soon but at the moment I have a fear of killing them. I am definitely better at studying orchids than I am at growing them (I have/have had a few Oncidiums, Dendrobiums and Phals that can attest to that!)

Hi all, if anybody wants to help me out and be in a mini forum-based focus group please see my thread here.

Good point about the need to collect, I find it really interesting just how many people are collectors of various things (most people I know). I know I am, which is why I am sure that I may get some slipper orchids at some point!

Welcome, orchidelirium! The fact that you are here and wanting to do research on slippers shows that you are already drawn to them. You'll find that we are a great bunch of enablers, not just for slippers, but for all orchids, so you'll fit right in.

Hi Heather!
Great news, I may have a few questions to ask as I am doing a PhD looking at various trends in the trade of orchids. I just started so right now I am trying to get more familiar with the market and how different types of orchids are grown.
Thanks for all of the welcomes!

Latest posts

Back