helenae in 3.5'' pot

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fertilizer is 15-10-15

Hmmmm :evil:

Congrats fibre!!! The best specimen!:clap:

You're such a tease! :rollhappy:

But can't argue with the results. Great job Fiber. What kind of organics are you using? And what kind of lighting and intensity?

Ok, I try to be more accurate:
This helenae grows in a mix of Orchiata and limestone.
I water about once a week with tap water (ppm about 280, mostly calcium carbonate). One week I add to the water 0.5g/l (0.2 g/l in Winter) Hakaphos blau 15-10-15-2. Hakaphos blau contains citric acid to reduce the pH. Than I add Vitanal Wachstumsstarter 3ml/l (more in spring to stimulate root growth). This is an liquid made of cereals containing amino acids, vitamins, proteins and carbohydrates. => pH 6-6.5, ca. 550 ppm
The other week I add Organic Plant Feed OPF 8-3-3 (82.2g N, 30.3g P2O5, 32.1g K2O+SiOH4, 7mg B, 390mg Ca, 2mg Cu, 120mg Fe, 850mg Mg, 15mg Mn, 12mg Zn, 16.6g Na, 0.4g S; pH 5.6). This is made of lucerne meal, parts off molasses, rock meal. In addition I add 1ml/l of my special magic potion ;). This is self made alcoholic extract of some herbs like horsetail, milfoil, comfrey etc.
I also add a kind of seaweed product every now and then. ...

This helenae grows in my basement under lights. Osram T5HO 6500K with reflector at a distance of about 15-20cm from the leaves, 14 hours a day in summer and 11 in winter This is quite a lot of light IMO.

How often have you repotted in those years for this plant??

Hmm, I can't remember to have it repotted. I think I didn't. Maybe I don't have it as long as I told above. I'm not sure, but I think I have it at least for three years. So it is sitting since then in the same pot.

Back