helenae; bud to bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is a person from Thailand selling aquare baskets at the moment, I bought 2 and have the first plant in, I like but want to see how it works.

I bought a spagh basket over ebay and it turned out to be extremly hughe, he said around 20cm ,

But it is 32cm in a square and 20 deep did not read the auction correct it is my fault.

Rick- there isn't a single Walmart in all of NYC. I have never entered one in my life. But that's a gorgeous helenae!
Interesting what one learns on this forum. I didn't realize you lead such a sheltered life Eric!

Seriously cute helenae's. So Rick, the water doesn't escape from the bottom, only the sides when it gets to that level? So there is a reservoir of water at the bottom?
Correct. I have never had any luck with helenaes in pots to this point. There is a solid layer of rocks in the bottom.
Really lovely helenae, Rick. I don't think I've met one I didn't like, but the
yellow-gold is very special. I've not met the gentleman with the beard. Is
he a Walmartian too?
I bet if we look hard enough we'll find these gnomes or their relatives hanging out in the kitchenware section! Check and get back to me on that.:wink:

Nice helenae, and cool baskets!!!! But, didn't you drill any holes into the bottom? Jean
No holes Jean. A different twist on the S/H...sort of.

Thanks for the picture Rick, I now know what to be on the lookout for. I kind of expected it to have a mesh bottom. Rick so as commented on above, there is obviously a pool of water in the bottom. Does that mot cause problems with stagnation?
Sorry to be diverting your thread with lovely helenae to plastic tubs

No problem for the devertion or the stagnation! Awhile back one of our members posted about his micranthums that he had had for years to a point where he lost interest in them. He had them in a "tub" of sorts with lots of rocks and other inorganic stuff. The plants set on the floor of his growing area and would catch water off and on from him watering other plants above. Anybody remember this? Anyways, he noticed one day how large the plants had gotten (ten years or so later) and that the tub was full of local "weeds". He also notice a couple of spikes coming up which spured him to post.

So I had to try my luck too:p

No problem for the devertion or the stagnation! Awhile back one of our members posted about his micranthums that he had had for years to a point where he lost interest in them. He had them in a "tub" of sorts with lots of rocks and other inorganic stuff. The plants set on the floor of his growing area and would catch water off and on from him watering other plants above. Anybody remember this? Anyways, he noticed one day how large the plants had gotten (ten years or so later) and that the tub was full of local "weeds". He also notice a couple of spikes coming up which spured him to post.

So I had to try my luck too:p[/QUOTE]

I don't think I have 10 years to go, 'Craggy Sth Africans' are beyond the scope of that industry:(

Latest posts

Back