haynaldianum x gratrixianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secundino

Adorable Stud
Reaction score
Just got an early birthday present, a Paph labelled haynaldianum x gratrixianum; it's a multigrowth plant with many shoots that could be flowering this or next year. I've searched internet and the forum as well, but I haven't found neither a photograph nor some other reference for this cross.
Someone growths this hybrid and has pictures? (Or will it turn out as one of these hybrids that hardly ever flower...?)
Thanks

Is it by any chance a Ray Rands cross? I know he liked to make primary crosses and used both of these species. I have a couple similar crosses, none of which have ever been registered.

Edited to add: I've looked through my Photobucket photos and the best I can come up with is a different cross, Leanum x gratrixianum:

IMG_1885a.jpg

It should be similar to what your plant should look like. Maybe your plant will have longer petals though.

Best Regards,
Nik

Edited to add: I've looked through my Photobucket photos and the best I can come up with is a different cross, Leanum x gratrixianum:

IMG_1885a.jpg

It should be similar to what your plant should look like. Maybe your plant will have longer petals though.

Sorry Nik but the plant you´re showing us has an evident Cochlo. influence so... I´m pretty sure this plant is extremely diferent from the cross haynaldianum x gratrixianum.

Greetings!

So I understood it, liemianum (not: leanum) x gratrixianum.
There have been those splendid pics of spicer x haynaldianum, some weeks ago, so gorgeous, hopefully this looks alike, if it ever comes to bloom. Don't know the provenience of this plant, it's an handwirtten tag, no nursery name. o&m in germany do have this cross.

Latest posts

Back