Happy Chinese New Year !!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baodai

Reaction score
Whoever celebrate Chinese NY. Happy New year
BD

Attachments

• P1220074.JPG
    P1220074.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 40
  • P1220075.JPG
    P1220075.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 41
Happy New Year indeed! This is the year of the cow, symbol of "slow and steady" - that seems like a good idea for this year!

A huge dragon lantern at a Chinese festival in Nagasaki, February 2008:

Dragon1.jpg

Happy New Year! I made a big stink at my school because my dept.'s exams were scheduled for Chinese New Year.....I got them to allow me to change the date....Such good planning................................Take care, Eric

Umm... thanks for the greeting, but CNY is not until Jan 26th. Year of the Ox.
Peter T.

My university's on strike... yes, the one in toronto who's striked for about 12-13 weeks. A good way to start the new lunar year for me? i dunno, LoL!!

but!!

Happy New Years!! 新年快樂!! 明けましておめでとうございます!!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone!

This is my Cymbidium sinensis "Red Flower Announces New Year". The first bud opened just 2 days before new year! I'm thrilled :D

closeup.jpg

Happy Chinese New Year! (Beginning) 1/26/09- The year of the Ox! Best wishes to all! :D

For all the Australian members of the forum, happy Australia Day (Jan 26th).

And happy Chinese New year to our Chinese friends.

David

This is all I can find on the web.

I wish I could describe what it was like when I growing up in Saigon . On New Year, the whole city is filled with blooms, many blocks of downtown would be reserved for flowers' market.
All the houses would have flower pots, or at least a branch of blooming yellow Mai flower or pink peach flower.
Yes the flowers are actually blooming in January/February outdoors over there. None of this bone killing freezing cold.
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...s?q=new+year+flower+market+saigon&gbv=2&hl=en

The only thing that helps me weather the cold is the promise of the Deepcut orchid show in Holmdel, New Jersey on the 5th to 8th of February.

weee... I won $5 today spinning the lucky wheel at the new years celebration here, I think it translates to flowers market (but only one vendor actually specializes in selling flowers nowadays).
we also bought a bouquet of cut dendrobiums too, it's tradition to buy some sort of flowers.

excellent timing on your Cymbidium sinensis Jorch!

Back