Had to show you this new acquisition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cheyenne

When I want a plant I really try to hunt it down. Putting in calls, making some visits to some vendors. Usually with no luck. Just in case I always ask "if you happen to find one, give me a call". Nothing has ever come of that till now. Someone actually called and had one of those plants I had totally forgot about.
It happened to be paph Magic Lantern var album. It is from the same cross as the one Tom from Fox Valley has posted. I was so happy I had to show you even though I try not to post a plant without a bloom.

2013-01-13_17-30-06_730_zps75ffba7d.jpg

2013-01-13_18-44-56_365_zpsb33ef302.jpg

Congrats! Hope it blooms true. Hope I can get mine someday soon. :eek:
I think i recognize the hand writing on the tag and it looks like its from the place i mentioned in the Magic Lantern album thread.

Thanks, it does seem healthy. It is in a three inch pot and has a leaf span of about seven inches. It still has the Sherwood Orchids tag with it. I looked all over the plant and it has no sign of color on the undersides of the leaf or base of the plant. So I don't know if it will bloom true but I would be happy if it blooms out albanistic. Plus it at least has the album gene, so as soon as it blooms at a reasonable size I will try to self it. I would love to give some pollen to Tom so he can put it on his and get some more of these out there. I don't want to just keep it, I want to multiply it so other people can have some. As to how much it costs. I was happy to pay 45 dollars for it, and I am sure most of you would too.

If there were more, he wouldn't have been on a 'if one shows up list'.
Nice purchase! The pressure is on to grow & bloom!

Latest posts

Back