Guess this X

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most ebay sellers don't hotlink, though. They directly copy the photo to their computer and upload it to the ebay site. I've only had one ebay seller hotlink to one of my photos, all others have been copied. But one can dream:>

you know, maybe there should be a new image technology where there is a hidden image (a really nasty one) (or like the little person in the post above mine ; ) ) where if someone copies it and takes it off an authorized site the image will morph into something else. could have an unseen layer that isn't visible but can sort of reprogram the image if someone copies it. image data does have info like copyright and camera info on it, maybe there could be something new to try and mess with thieves

Great idea, Charles. I would buy it!

It would have to work if someone actually steals the photo, as well. With linking, the image would stay on the originator's server, but when the image is stolen and reposted, that's another matter.

Back