Guess Species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap its huge photo!
paph philippinense var. microwave
paphspike.jpg

OK Fren, What are you doing putting this huge BLACK SCREEN of nothing on here! Don't you micro dot!!?:rollhappy::rollhappy:That is one strange spike!

Thanks for showing interest!

ONE of you got it right!:clap:

It is NOT a species from Indonesia nor Malaysia. From what was said, this species would have a very high flowers count per spike in very good condition, could get up to well over 10 flowers per spike.

What could it be???:evil:

Thanks for showing interest!

ONE of you got it right!:clap:

It is NOT a species from Indonesia nor Malaysia. From what was said, this species would have a very high flowers count per spike in very good condition, could get up to well over 10 flowers per spike.

What could it be???:evil:

You are a true madman if ONE of us got it right and you are still not telling us.:sob:

The only 2 multi's that I am aware of that have floral counts exceeding 10 flowers is randsii and kolopakingii. Kolo's don't have fuzzy flowers, and being from Borneo probably also count as Not a species from Indonesia/Malaysia. Leaving the Philippines. This leaves randsii and philipinnense as possibilities,
but no variety of phili gets the flower count of a randsii.

We've only seen a couple of randsii on this forum, so it would be awesome to see one now.:clap:

You are a true madman if ONE of us got it right and you are still not telling us.:sob:

The only 2 multi's that I am aware of that have floral counts exceeding 10 flowers is randsii and kolopakingii. Kolo's don't have fuzzy flowers, and being from Borneo probably also count as Not a species from Indonesia/Malaysia. Leaving the Philippines. This leaves randsii and philipinnense as possibilities,
but no variety of phili gets the flower count of a randsii.

We've only seen a couple of randsii on this forum, so it would be awesome to see one now.:clap:

What about intaniae? Although there is some debate as to whether this is a legitimate species or a hybrid.

David

randsii has been suggested 3 times with no luck or conformation.....

(psst. count again:poke:)

hmmm... i wish i knew parishii better to know whether or not it's that...
i dig on parishii. anyone know if it's hard to grow and bloom?

Just to make everyone squirm a bit more, I would encourage truemadman not to reveal the answer and just post a photo of the plant in flower!

Just to make everyone squirm a bit more, I would encourage truemadman not to reveal the answer and just post a photo of the plant in flower!

Well, thanks for the suggestion :evil:

And here is the pic of the flower! Actaully, I was waiting for this to open, sorry for taking too long for some of you.....:poke:

Latest posts

Back