Greetings from Croatia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caffeine93

Reaction score
I'm glad to have joined the forum, have been growing orchids for 4-5 years now, Paphs and Phrags for the last 3 years or so. In Croatia we don't have an orchid society (at least I don't know of any) unfortunately and people mostly grow "supermarket" Phal hybrids, so growing Paphs, Phrags or any other genus is not too common. I'm attaching some pics of my plants, Paph. thaianum, Paph. Magic Lantern and Paph. (wenshanense x niveum) x (niveum x godefroyae var. ang-thong).

PaphConcoHybrid.jpgPaphMagicLantern.jpgPaphThaianum.pngPaphThaianum2.png

Welcome to SlipperTalk, it's great to have you here. Those flowers are so beautiful, do you grow them indoors?

Thanks! yes, I grow all of them indoors, some on shelves under LED lights, some in a modified cooler I've programmed to run cycles suitable for colder growing orchids. The plants wouldn't survive Croatian summers outdoors, especially in the last few years, temperature goes up above 40*C

Thanks! yes, I grow all of them indoors, some on shelves under LED lights, some in a modified cooler I've programmed to run cycles suitable for colder growing orchids. The plants wouldn't survive Croatian summers outdoors, especially in the last few years, temperature goes up above 40*C
Fantastic. That sounds like a perfect habitat for your orchids. Thanks for the reply, and keep us posted?

Back