Greenhouse #2 Construction

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, I spent all day in the kitchen. Today, I spent all day putting the frame of the greenhouse up. I'm wiped. There's still some more bracing that needs to go up and the bracing that is attached needs to be leveled out. We had to get that up quick since we were starving and getting cold. I tweaked something in my lower back so don't know if I'll work on it more tomorrow.

The orange tree isn't as close to the g.h. as it appears. There is quite enough room to walk to the doorway. Not too bad for a 'girl' and no directions:>

frame.jpg

Good Luck,, I put my first one up in Dec (in Michigan)..it was snowing while work was being done.. But I liked it, after it was done.. Great place to be in the winter..

Oh, I forgot to post this.. while the mortar was setting on the top of the block wall where it meets the sill, doggie decided to leave his "mark". Romeo must have jumped up to see if there was anything going on or to look about. I thought it was kind of cute. The paw prints are in the back of the g.h. so aren't visible unless you know they're there.

Lol! The paw prints are cute! That greenhouse is going to be beautiful! I can only dream....

The panels will be twin walled polycarbonate (Lexan). I should be putting them up next as weather, time and energy allow. We got the rest of the bracing put up and leveled and we installed the main truss yesterday. So, the frame is now complete.

I don't know about where you live, but I'm sure you don't have to worry about weight of snow, sleet damage etc. Just make sure the panels have some kind of spring/clip to prevent against wind-lift.

We have to worry about high winds here. And occasional hail storms. The panels are screwed directly into the frame, so won't be going anywhere. But, thanks for the suggestions.

Looks very promising!!!!!! It is doing well!!! Cute little paws over there...:D

Latest posts

Back