Good news and bad news

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
This week seems to be a week of event both happy and sad. Last Friday, Robert got his greenhouse burglarized. On the other hand I graduated from my program on Radiology Technologist (now I can shoot people :D). I was so happy and had a graduation party last Saturday. But alas, last Sunday as I was about to fry some of the egg rolls, the oil boiled over and caught fire.:eek: I immediately covered the pot with a thick rug but the cabinet was already ablaze. I used the fire extinguisher and put off the fire. As I was moving the pot of oil, it splashed on me and my right torso got burned so as with my fingers. I sustained 1st and 2nd degree burns. Boy does it hurts!!!! :(

I wanted to post my burn picture but it is too gross.

Ramon:)

Congrats to the graduate!!

Oh,no!! The burn sounds terrible!! It must be excruciating! I hope you got something for the pain.

Congrats to the graduate!!

Oh,no!! The burn sounds terrible!! It must be excruciating! I hope you got something for the pain.

I only take Tylenol even though they gave me Oxycodone, but I don't like taking it! Gives me a weird feeling.

Wow, Ramon! I am very sorry to hear about that! Hope you feel better very soon!

And congrats on completing your technologist's degree!!!

I only take Tylenol even though they gave me Oxycodone, but I don't like taking it! Gives me a weird feeling.

Hope you get well soon! I hate oil burns and it hurts! Hopefully the oxycodone doesn't cause other side effects.

Paphman910

I wish you a speedy recovery, Ramon! :mad: And congratulations on your achievement! :clap:

Man, that is some good and bad news! strange to say Congratulations and Sorry to hear that in the same sentence....Hope you are feeling better and wish you a speedy recovery!

Robert

Hope your burns heal soon! I know they hurt very much! I don't like oxycodone either...it makes me woozy!

Last edited:
Robert had way to much bad news to start with, and now this.:sob:

I guess you are lucky that the burn wasn't more serious than it was. Burns are the worst!!!

Congrats on your graduation! :clap::clap: You have something to look forward too once you're back up and running.

Ouch on the burns...I hope you heal up fast. Congrats on your degree! I know what you mean about the pain killers....I can't even take Tylenol 3 as the codeine makes me feel strange.

Ramon,
First CONGRATS!!!! I hope you feel better soon :)

Augusto

Thanks Augusto.

This baby is the one that's making my day happy.

Paph. concolor
4908955613_1b2e50e604_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back