GNYOS - who's going?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paphioland said:
From what i hear the plants got an HCC. I am not there of course but it is my plant.
Which one is yours? The results weren't posted EOB yesterday so I'll get them and post them tonight. E. BTW I heard Lien was actually going to stop by the show today...

NYEric said:
Which one is yours? The results weren't posted EOB yesterday so I'll get them and post them tonight. E. BTW I heard Lien was actually going to stop by the show today...

Yes, it did get a 76pt HCC. I think that on a fresher flower, it certainly would have scored higher. It's the one right in front of the Exit door.

Yes, I was there today for a quick walk through the show. I didn't get a chance to look at all the exhibits though. Dennis must have told you that i was going.

OK, the Paph delenatii. Yes, I thought it was nice, Congrats. I'm sorry I missed meeting you, Dennis said you'd be around. I did meet Marco, briefly as I was running to do Orchid/Info tours upstairs. Hope you get back to see more of the show. E.

NYEric said:
OK, the Paph delenatii. Yes, I thought it was nice, Congrats. I'm sorry I missed meeting you, Dennis said you'd be around. I did meet Marco, briefly as I was running to do Orchid/Info tours upstairs. Hope you get back to see more of the show. E.
On wednesday, I was walking with Dennis toward the end wall near Quest orchids, Dennis pointed toward a lady who hold a pot with a large beautiful white flower, he said something likes : that one she just got it for 500 dollars.
You are not talking about that one ,right?
I am not sure it is a dellenatii alba or a vietnamense alba. Now I wish I pay more attention.

Hien said:
On wednesday, I was walking with Dennis toward the end wall near Quest orchids, Dennis pointed toward a lady who hold a pot with a large beautiful white flower, he said something likes : that one she just got it for 500 dollars.
I am not sure it is a dellenatii alba or a vietnamense alba. Now I wish I pay more attention.

I hope not! since it is my plant

Hien said:
...or a vietnamense alba...

there's vietnamense alba? crazy!
did i miss it?
i went yesterday. met a couple of erics and a ron (eOrchids, NYEric and Ron-NY). nice to meet y'all in the flesh, so to speak...

likespaphs said:
did i miss it?
i went yesterday. met a couple of erics and a ron (eOrchids, NYEric and Ron-NY). nice to meet y'all in the flesh, so to speak...

P. vietnamense album does exist, but it was not on display at the New York Show.

likespaphs said:
did i miss it?

It was a pleasure meeting you, likepaphs, NYEric, Bob, and Ron-NY.

Last edited:
Hien said:
Hmm, I don't know. I was refering to the delenatii album that was in the show display near the exit. Once again the poor lighting wrecked the photos. I'm sorry I missed meeting you and Lien also.

Did anyone notice that "Best SPECIES in show" was awarded to a Catasetum HYBRID? (from dennis' exhibit)

NYEric said:
Hmm, I don't know. I was refering to the delenatii album that was in the show display near the exit. Once again the poor lighting wrecked the photos. I'm sorry I missed meeting you and Lien also.

All us NYers should have a big post-show party. who's volunteering?

likespaphs said:
did i miss it?
and I was the old man out of the group :rollhappy: It was great meeting you all!!!

Latest posts

Back