GNYOS - who's going?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heather...I guarantee that there is nothing to be scared of in NYC....its possibly the world's best kept secret, but NYC is actually a very friendly city...ask the meanest looking person on the street, and he/she will be glad to give you directions and advice...and, unlike other places I have been too, the directions will not be designed to get you lost in the opposite direction. As for subway directions, take the D or F or B to Rockefeller Center....its about 2 blocks east. Take care, Eric

Bob in Albany said:
I'll be there on Wednesday before they open. I'll have a few vendors set a few things aside for me. Then I'll take in the show when it opens at noon and then hit the sales area again.

Then on Sat. I'm in charge of the bus trip for one of my orchid societies. I should be their from 10 untill maybe 2:20 or so.

Heather, it will be CRAZY there on Sunday. I'd avoid Sunday if possible. All the crazy people who don't even know what an orchid is are fighting to get plants at a discount not matter what it is. I thought I like to try Sundays and did twice as one of our Orchid Society's had a display to take down. Never, again and I mean never !!!!!!!!

I wish it is the same as the bridge setting at Winter Garden & WTC.
No matter how crowded on both sides, you can walk in the spacious middle of the bridge.
Rockefeller Center is kind of too small for so many peoples.

NYEric said:
Actually, since they moved the Ikebane upstairs it's not so bad. H. if you come to the show you'll have the best guide to NYC, me!

Eric

so nice of you to extend such a hospitality, wish I could take it (God willing, maybe one day), but since the accident about 5 years ago, my mobility is quite limited.
Sometimes my only wish is that I could walk & run like before ( I use to play volleyball & windsurf, practice martial art ) Now the orchids keep my mind distracted from contemplate about the self too much.
By the way, today at work, I look down to the soccer field, seeing the players running so fast from one goal to the other, my heart moves with the vision as if I am running myself. Oh, such simple joyful activity. Life is so beautiful..

Hien said:
Eric

so nice of you to extend such a hospitality, wish I could take it (God willing, maybe one day), but since the accident about 5 years ago, my mobility is quite limited.
Sometimes my only wish is that I could walk & run like before ( I use to play volleyball & windsurf, practice martial art ) Now the orchids keep my mind distracted from contemplate about the self too much.
By the way, today at work, I look down to the soccer field, seeing the players running so fast from one goal to the other, my heart moves with the vision as if I am running myself. Oh, such simple joyful activity. Life is so beautiful..
Rockefeller Center is handicap accessible

Ron-NY said:
Rockefeller Center is handicap accessible

Hi Ron , I did not remember seeing any elevator going down to the orchid level.
Do you know where they are?

Thanks everybody for the info.:sob: see how fast I run to the show:p

Hien said:
Hi Ron , I did not remember seeing any elevator going down to the orchid level.
Do you know where they are?
There are ones in the lobby of the building and they go down to the sales floor where there is also an entrance to the display area.(that is the building just behind where the tree is at Christmas time.) There are ones on the sides of the rink, at least there was one on the north side.

I tried signing up to volunteer at the GYNOS website and I have gotten a response from Aric. Just wondering if anyone knows a different route of signing up?

I was first asked because I was a member of GNYOS. I first helped set-up the day before, Then w/ breakdown the next year, then w/ clerking, then spotting... What are you interested in doing?

turns out i'm going with the gf and some friends on saturday. then we're off to, what's been billed as a subversive knitting exhibit...

Latest posts

Back