Funny Growths on Wenshanense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I got this from BigLeaf last spring.
It was nice dark green with good roots, however, under the light set up, it was getting bleached.
I didn't do anything about it. abused quite a bit by underwatering it unintentionally.

Then, it grew on one small leaf and stayed there for a long time.
Then, two new side shoots came. then I saw something dark poking out at the center, which I thought was going to be a spike.
Well, that thing at the center looks like an entirely new fan coming out of an old fan. :confused:

Crazy plant, but obsivouly, all the newer growths seem to have adjusted to the light level as they are back to normal green.

BkcnhhBl.jpg

It probably is just a new growth starting just a little higher up than normal. I accidently pinched the bud off a P. barbatum so I decided to repot it and found a tiny plant less than 1/2" growing down in the pot on a root as if it were on a stolon. Sometimes they just do weird things.
Don

I had a new growth come out of the oldest growth on a harold koopowitz, I thought it was a spike, such a let down

It probably is just a new growth starting just a little higher up than normal. I accidently pinched the bud off a P. barbatum so I decided to repot it and found a tiny plant less than 1/2" growing down in the pot on a root as if it were on a stolon. Sometimes they just do weird things.
Don

I have one vini Maudiae type hybrid that had a new shoot coming out of what appeared to be like a dead stem or root.
After about one year, that little thing is now a nice little fan of its own. :)

Latest posts

Back