Ft. Lauderdale show '09

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scooby, great photos!

What is the red paph with green striped dorsal on the lower left first page?

It is spectacular!

That's a pretty nice Rhychostylis! The spots have merged into an almost solid margin or border.
Peter T.

Scooby, great photos!

What is the red paph with green striped dorsal on the lower left first page?

It is spectacular!

It was from Krull Smith's display...Paph. Petula "Orlando"...At the show I was pretty sure I saw it last year at the WOC too...here's the pic I dug up of it last year too...

IMG_1982.jpg

Thank you for posting these photos, it sure looks like there were a lot of great flowers at this show.

That Blc. (Rsc.) Carlos Fighetti is unreal if that color is anywhere close to accurate. Quite a variation from the ones I remember seeing at the 19th WOC.

I haven't ever seen Paph. London Tower before - it sure has gorgeous color, elegant form and a synsepal to die for. The photo shows that it's almost as beautiful from the back as it is the front! Turns out that the cross is Paph. (Lappawinze x Laser) which is a mottled leaf crossed onto a red complex. The slightly ruffled edge makes it kinda look like Paph. Orchilla with an attitude - but after doing a little research it turns out that's no accident because Paph. Lappawinze shares one parent (Paph. Redstart) with Paph. Orchilla.

I may just have to order one of those from Krull Smith's. They are very nice.

--Allen--

Back