from the greenhouse (non-slippers)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
here, Trichopilia suavis
IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

Ludisia discolor
IMG_2025.jpg

Aerangis citrata about 20 spikes coming on this one.. coming up, off the sides, backwards, everything..should be a good show.
IMG_2022.jpg

Laelia (briegeri x lucasiana) a wonderful primary hybrid between two of the miniature rupiculous laelias... love this one
IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

Here, one of my absolute favorites, Miltoniopsis phalaenopsis. after killing several, i finally have the culture down on this thing... at least for now... lots of buds coming....
IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

Here is a first bloom seedling of a selfing of Cattleya violacea 'Muse' FCC/AOS.. i am very pleased with the color, quality and number of flowers on this seedling for a first bloom and a selfing. it has great potential for future bloomings...
IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

Hard to say which I like the best: the laelia cross, the aerangis, the cattleya, the trichopilia? I'll have to sleep on it. :)

Hard to say which I like the best: the laelia cross, the aerangis, the cattleya, the trichopilia? I'll have to sleep on it. :)
Exactly!

What a show it will be on the citrata! What is you secret? I'm lucky when I have two spikes on mine.

Holy Cow what a show. Beautiful blooms and my jaw is on the ground. The trichopilia is huge!!

2 of my absolute favs.: suavis and violacea!!!! But great plants, all of them; keep us updated on the aerangis blooms!!! Jean

Eric-i just planted selfings of that trichopilia and ill let you know once they get well established...

That aerangis is incredible. Be sure to post a photo when it blooms!

Any culture tips for the Miltoniopsis phalaenopsis?

Do you grow the C. violacea with no medium like a vanda and water daily, or with what medium?

Hey Mark
the milt appreciates medium light and intermediate temps. it resents hot weather. water it around twice a week in a well drained mix, use really clean water and do a good drench.
the violacea I grow in a clay pot with some wine corks. it gets water/fert every few days and dries out in between watering. the majority of my cattleya are growing either in nothing, really coarse bark/perlite, or wine corks

Pete
Your Cattleya violacea is awesome! Now I know what to do with all those wine corks!

the fake plastic-like ones are not that good though, only the real cork...

Great photos! Love that laelia.

Can you tell me, please, how you grow the suavis (i.e., medium, watering, temperatures and light)?

Any chance of getting a side shot of the C.violacea including the plant? I'd like to see how tall the plant is; the flowers completely obscure it in these shots (and they are lovely flowers, to be sure!)

tenman-warm to intermediate temps, routine watering 2-3x/week, medium light, well drained media

veblen- i dont have a picture handy i will take one when i have a chance. the plant is blooming on its most mature pseudobulb, about 22cm tall.

Pete
In your photo of the Ludisia discolor what is that little jewel to the left that appears to be in bloom?
Thanks
Jim

Latest posts

Back