Found on my doorstep

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegayde

Reaction score
WoW......just received 3 great compots from Marilyn of Windy Hill Gardens in the mail....LOL I was gonna ask if y'all thought I should repot them...but right after taking this pic I knocked one of them over and spilled it out :sob: so for sure that one is getting repotted....think I should plant the others up individually?

Todd

Attachments

• Windy Hill Purchase.JPG
    Windy Hill Purchase.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Windy Hill Purchase pic 2.JPG
    Windy Hill Purchase pic 2.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 46
Todd,
What did you do hit the Lottery???? You have bought alot of plants/seedlings in the last few weeks!!!
If it were me, I would want to change the potting media & thin them out into mini compots (3-5seedlings) with about the same size seedlings together.

Tom

LOL I wish I had won the lottery....course then I would have to buy a house and greenhouse if that were the case....cause I would be buying tons of orchids.....the compots from Marilyn were $25 apiece....each is suppose to have at least 10 plants in it....the one I knocked over has 13 in it...crap thats unlucky.....guess I will have to throw one in the trash ROFL

Todd

p.s. LOL unless something really tempts me in the near future I am done purchasing for awhile......I have a Phal compot and a Paph Delenatii x Macabre compot coming that I won E-bay and those are the last for awhile

The Purple V X Cherry C needs some attention. I see a least one plantlet too high in the pot. The root zone (base of the leaves) is above the mix and I can see the start of a root tip emerging out. This "elongated seedling phenomon" is common with paphs that have not been out of the flask long.

I bought some of these same plants from Marilyn in June. My B-Day present to myself. I purchased single seedlings. I'm excited to see my Addicted Phillip cross bloom but it will be awhile though. Her seedlings are so healthy looking when they arrive. She put in a P.(Susan Booth 'WH' AM/AOS X victoria-mariae 'WH') as my freebie for ordering so many. Funny...it's the only one that's trying to be finicky for me, but I think it's starting to adjust to my culture.((fingers crossed)) Good growing with all of yours!!!!!!

I would repot/thin them out. All it takes is one watering where the plants aren't drying out, especially in the middle of the pot & instant fungal problem!

She put in a P.(Susan Booth 'WH' AM/AOS X victoria-mariae 'WH') as my freebie for ordering so many. Funny...it's the only one that's trying to be finicky for me, but I think it's starting to adjust to my culture.((fingers crossed)) Good growing with all of yours!!!!!!

rdhed, that sounds like an interesting cross.. Be aware that vic-mariae is not an easy species to keep alive or flower.. Hope the hybrid does better though... :)

I would individually pot any seedlings large enough and keep the rest in a compot!

:clap::clap:

Back