For our British friends

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berthold

Reaction score
I will appreciate

40558260323_be09a6f815_z.jpg

I'd say if only but then I'd be more worried about who would replace her! I think any replacement will just pull the Tories further to the right while the opposition is so far left the centre ground looks like a desert!

Brexit has been a farcical disaster from the moment Cameron called the referendum!

Meanwhile everything is fine again.
May ends before end of June.

But I fear Storm Boris may make us wish it was May again!
I feel Stormy Boris is smarter than many watchers believe. He doesn't care about Brexit, he wants to become prime minister. That's all. He is not so stupid to run with his head through the wall.

I feel Stormy Boris is smarter than many watchers believe. He doesn't care about Brexit, he wants to become prime minister. That's all. He is not so stupid to run with his head through the wall.

I agree but the smart play is to appeal to the lowest common denominator which will sweep him into power in the Tories and will only hurt him in a general election if enough people see through his act. I'm worried most won't. His voting record shows his true stripes!

I think if he is in power he will initiate a new national survey and the folk will say "No Brexit". He will pull back the Brexit request to the EU and everybody can sleep well again.

I think if he is in power he will initiate a new national survey and the folk will say "No Brexit". He will pull back the Brexit request to the EU and everybody can sleep well again.

I wish but I don't see that coming from him - it will be seen as a betrayal of Tory grassroots. I hope you are right though!

Edward, please see, one half of our human community has an IQ (intellectual quotient) below 100.
I suppose Stormy Boris is not part of this half.
In a chaos situation he sees best chance for himself to come into Power I guess.

Edward, I can only repeat myself: I'm really and deepfelt sorry for you guys!

If the actual political scene is the utmost reflection of what happens, when you "take back control", you better let go!
A 'farcial disaster', by the way, seems to be an euphemism - high tragedy, that's what it is!

PS. Boris, The Berserk, calling for a referrendum seems as unlikely as him getting an invitation for The Mad Hatter's Teaparty, even though, that's where, one feels, he belongs!

My most heartfelt commiserations - Jens, who is deeply saddened by you leaving the EU!

Last edited:
Thanks Jens. We're not gone yet and I only hope sanity can be restored and we never will. I live in hope!

One of the most tragic aspects of the referrendum leading to Brexit, was the fact that the main factor behind the slight majority wanting to leave was age: The majority of the older generation wanting to leave - even though they themselves do not have to live with the decision in the long run; the majority of younger people wanting to remain and for their part having to live the rest of their lives with the consequences of their elders vote!

I heard on the radio, that a recent opinion poll now showed a slight majority in favour of remaining. I don't know, whether the result was valid through and through, but the shift was explained by the demographic factor, that many leavers had left for good and now was roaming beyond the earthly realm!

There was a slight twist to the age/voting result - those old enough to have fought in the Second World War generally voted to remain, unlike those 5-15 years younger than them.

I didn't know that. That's interesting - and quite telling, isn't it!

And, lo and behold, what strange bedfellows the Brexiteers keep, The Orange Clown for one (if someone could trigger coulrophobia in my systeme, it definately would be him! o_O).

Congratulations to our British friends on the new Prime Minister:)

Congratulations to our British friends on the new Prime Minister:)

Thanks but that's not the sentiment of anyone I know would share. It's a further embarrassment and scary, scary times. I just hope his 'plan's (if he really has any) fall foul of parliament and he's out by Christmas. A Lib Dem government by December 25th would be my Christmas wish!

A Lib Dem government by December 25th would be my Christmas wish!
I am not sure if Blondy can manage the remain until Dec 25. because it's a turn by more than 179 degrees.:)
But I wish You and all of us much luck.

Latest posts

Back