For our British friends

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this SlipperTalk forum. And I love political discussions. But I come here to escape those. It's not mine to dictate what's allowed here but why spoil it with politics? This is the second political discussion I've seen in two days. I'm liberal to the hilt, climate change is real, Brexit is a disaster, the new PM is a fascist monster. There, I'm participating. But I'd rather just keep learning ORCHIDS from the best orchid growers in the world.

I love this SlipperTalk forum. And I love political discussions. But I come here to escape those. It's not mine to dictate what's allowed here but why spoil it with politics? .... There, I'm participating. But I'd rather just keep learning ORCHIDS from the best orchid growers in the world.

A minor piece of advice then, to keep the blood pressure low, would be to abstain from the 'Off topic' forums - and stick to the rest! Although, I've more than once, had to report to the moderators, when people run verbally amok in these forums, too. But, thank God, this is a really rare behaviour - most people here are nice, friendly and helpfull!

Kind regards,
Jens

Last edited:
I love this SlipperTalk forum. And I love political discussions. But I come here to escape those. It's not mine to dictate what's allowed here but why spoil it with politics? This is the second political discussion I've seen in two days. I'm liberal to the hilt, climate change is real, Brexit is a disaster, the new PM is a fascist monster. There, I'm participating. But I'd rather just keep learning ORCHIDS from the best orchid growers in the world.

Really, I understand your problem very well and I am very sorry for that. I have the same problems.
That's why I only have people around me who are exactly in my opinion.
In the meantime, I avoid people who have a different opinion than me on any field for example on politics or orchid cultivation. Now I really can love my life.

Last edited:

I agree. That was the reason the politics forum was closed down. But Berthold has simply moved this area of discussion to other parts of the forum. I think it is time the moderators clamped down on this sort of behaviour.

It has been sad to see the demise of this forum. Slippertalk is only a shadow of itself from a couple of years ago when it contained a lot of the best Slipper growers across the world. Most have left now, sick of the behaviour of various new members who are only interested in stirring up trouble.

I also agree. I have only been on this site for 6 years but have noticed some of the best people with the greatest knowledge have now decided not to no longer contribute on this site. I joined this forum to engage with the best growers around the world and this has been sabotaged over the past few years. Just saying.

I agree. That was the reason the politics forum was closed down. But Berthold has simply moved this area of discussion to other parts of the forum. I think it is time the moderators clamped down on this sort of behaviour.

It has been sad to see the demise of this forum. Slippertalk is only a shadow of itself from a couple of years ago when it contained a lot of the best Slipper growers across the world. Most have left now, sick of the behaviour of various new members who are only interested in stirring up trouble.

No, I don't agree:

1. For me it's a matter of good education when You congratulate a Briton on the Queen's birthday. I congratulated on the new prime minister.
Whats wrong with it?
I fear You have no idea what an uncontrolled Brexit means for people in Europe, also for orchid cultivation and trading.
You live too fare away.

2. I started a thread about IPCC-critics.
What does climate change mean to You? Is it a political, a religious, a scientific item or what is it?
If some forum visitors react emotionally on this problem, it is not my problem.
Shall we stop discussion the weather or shall we only post the temperature in the weather thread?
Shall we start discussion about Australian CO2-production by there coal industry?

3. The administration closed the political discussion against the opinion of the majority of forum users.
Do You call that democratic?

4. When Members leave this forum, the reason can be also that they are missing prime orchid posts by You.

5. I'm not surprised that someone from Australia, the country with about the largest CO2 production in the world, wants to prevent a discussion on climate change.

Last edited:
Back