Florida Phrag Nursery Recommendations

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
My family and I are going on a vacation to the Tampa area in a couple weeks and I’m hoping to visit a couple orchid nurseries/greenhouses. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go? I heard of a road full of orchid greenhouses in Apopka but also heard most places are closed to the public. Anyhow it’s a family trip so I will probably only get 1 day to visit so want to make the most of it. It would be great to go someplace with Phrags but Paphs would be cool as well. Thanks!

Djthomp28

Reaction score
Has anyone gone to or heard about Phelp Farms? I have not gone but I have a couple of plants with their tags. I have also heard positive things about them. It looks like they are open to the public and in the area.

Jenny - You might want to try emailing/calling some of the closed to the public nurseries to see if they ever allow appointments. I have done this in California and Hawaii. Generally, a few are open to a scheduled visits. The worse case is that they say no or don't respond at all. Just a thought.

Reaction score
Has anyone gone to or heard about Phelp Farms? I have not gone but I have a couple of plants with their tags. I have also heard positive things about them. It looks like they are open to the public and in the area.

Jenny - You might want to try emailing/calling some of the closed to the public nurseries to see if they ever allow appointments. I have done this in California and Hawaii. Generally, a few are open to a scheduled visits. The worse case is that they say no or don't respond at all. Just a thought.
Thank you for the suggestion. Looks like Phelps’s welcomes visitors I would just need to make an appointment. Which is fine. I just need to figure out which day I will be able to go. If I go I will let you know what it’s like!

Latest posts