First lowii for 09

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
This is the lowii I was communicating with John M about. Considerable smaller plant then most I beleive. The ruler is showing 12 inches.
P1000934.jpg

But the flowers are 6 inches NS
P1000933.jpg

P1000936.jpg

A downward angle
P1000937.jpg

closeup.
P1000938.jpg

:clap: :rollhappy: :clap: Love yours! .... but now I'm :mad: at mine, how come one of the 3 are not bloomin'?!

My second is spiking but way behind the first.....maybe more time? I have 3 more but they're babies

That's a good size flower for such a small plant, and the bud count looks good too.:clap::clap: I also like the violet color at the top of the pouch around the pollinia openings.

This is a pretty unique lowii.

Do you know anything about its source?

very nice large flowers on that compact lowii!!! I esp.like the colors on petals and the interesting design of the synsepal!!! Jean

That's a good size flower for such a small plant, and the bud count looks good too.:clap::clap: I also like the violet color at the top of the pouch around the pollinia openings.

This is a pretty unique lowii.

Do you know anything about its source?
I got it off of Ebay last year from a woman who claimed she was "tired of it" :rollhappy: What a joke! Her loss, my gain. I orginally wanted another horizonally held petalled one, you know, straight out. But what I did get is much better as I look now!
I wonder if there is some ploidysum(?) going on in this plant. Short, thick leaves. The flowers do look normal, maybe color enhanced a bit.

I just don't know how I managed to miss this thread! Thanks Rick for mentioning it in your PM.

I love this lowii too! A 12" plant with four 6" flowers on one spike is super impressive! This could be used to produce "Teacup" multiflorals! The colour is beautiful too. You lucked out when you bought this one! Congrats on blooming it so nicely, now. How does anyone get "tired" of something like this? Sheeshe!....but, like I indicated, lucky you!

Latest posts

Back