First Cyps to Bloom in My Yard

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoyo_Jo

Catt's Meow
Reaction score
I put these plants in last year. I am thrilled that they overwintered and are starting to bloom.

IMG_3379.jpg
IMG_3376.jpg

Congratulations!! I have been thinking of getting one just to see if it would make it.

Adorable additions to your garden Joanne!

We tried these a few years ago.
Expensive, and ours were suicidal.

Parviflorum? Parviflorum var pubescens?

The ones in bud/bloom came from Monica; the ones on the right came from Garden Slippers.

Nice! What kind of ground do you have them planted in? Loose? Well-drained?

Seems to me I added some horticultural sand and perlite to enhance drainage and that's about it. My yard is only 7 years old and I put in very nice garden loam back then; I was actually worried it might be too good...we shall see...

Yeah probably. I see Shawn of Garden Slippers at our Society meetings all the time, and it's hard to resist the hybrids he has...I did try Maria in 2009, but I got it in October, put it in the ground and then we had a really hard sudden freeze that year in mid-October and I never saw her again.

I'll probably wait on more year to start adding more Cyps though as I'm changing up the area where I've got them planted now.

Latest posts

Back