First Bloom: Paph micranthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paphmicranthum.jpg

That's a fabulous flower! Great job :clap:

Any chance of a whole plant shot? Saves Eric the trouble of asking :D

That's an amazing micranthum !!! I can't wait for mine to bloom. Hopefully the buds won't blast whenever it decided to do so.

Nice petal markings Ross! Overall super flower. Culture tips please!

Nothing special. It's growing on the lowest shelf of one of my light carts in the basement, so it may be a little cooler than the upper shelves. Day temps are 68-70F. The thermostat gets turned down to 60F every night, which might translate into a little cooler at floor level. Summer temps would be 5-10 degrees warmer. It gets watered roughly once a week with R/O water and MSU type fertilizer at a rate of 100ppm of N. I am increasing the fertilizer to 125ppm of N as the natural light increases and the outside temps warm. Media appears to be a standard bark mix. I will repot in same type of mix instead of my usual CHC mix.

Thanks Ross for the info. You bought it back in Sept. do you know whether bud formation had accured at the time of purchase or your culture did the trick?

Back