Finally.....My Mexi blooms!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have done it now. Made me get one again. This will be my first slipper since moving. The neos are doing so well, and I think it will do well here with me, if I can remember to fertilize it. I'm so excited to be back!! :)

I think you were one of the first on this site to bloom this species Heather. Good to see you back on it!

Thanks Rick. I will do it all the exact same because I had such great luck before. Which means I need to buy supplies for my little 6 growth coming. Same clone, from Marilyn.

It was only a matter of time. The thing that concerns me the most about growing other slippers here, besides my budget, is that the leaves are so thin, and I don't have the humidity. So, if the only new variable with the Mexi is the weather, with it's succulence, I hope to be able to manage it.

Will let y'all know how it goes!

Sorry to hijack your thread John!

Heather, I think if you got a tall-sided tub and set your mexi pot in the middle on top of something and kept water around it, that would help the humidity quite a bit. Maybe you could make a potted carnivorous or bog garden in the tub with the mexi sitting up above the water line

Go to Ikea and get a big, oversized glass cylinder. Put water in the bottom and keep the plant pot above the water line. But, the tall sides contain the humidity while allowing zero heat build up if you keep the top uncovered. These big glass cylinders are great for reviving plants and pampering delicate ones without risking rot or overheating.

Okay woah there guys. :) These are great ideas. My concern, however, is not so much for the Mex., but for other slippers. I'm pretty confident, based on past results, that I can handle the more succulent leaved Mex. It's the others I'm not so sure about out here. I should talk to Candace about what she did out here pre-greenhouse.

One at a time with the slippers, is my new motto...

I'll have to take a pic of the amazing new growth on my Neos this year. They have made me confident in my benign neglect this year.
;)

Go to Ikea and get a big, oversized glass cylinder. Put water in the bottom and keep the plant pot above the water line. But, the tall sides contain the humidity while allowing zero heat build up if you keep the top uncovered. These big glass cylinders are great for reviving plants and pampering delicate ones without risking rot or overheating.

groovy tip!
i can never get bag-n-sphag to work....
thanks!

Latest posts

Back