Eric Christenson

• Thread starter Eric Muehlbauer
  • Start date
Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

According to what I have read on a few other orchid forums, it appears that Eric Christenson has passed away.

Strange.
I thought he is still a very young person.

I learned that today, also. Very sad -- he was only 57. His death brings a great loss to the orchid community. I always found him to be helpful and very generous. He had so much knowledge - he had a photographic memory, could read a book and tell you what was on any page. All that knowledge and expertise, gone forever. Very sad, indeed.

A friend of mine (about my age) who just moved from Conn. to TN went to school with him. She will be sad to here this news.

Since I'm pushing 53, its not surprising he was 57.

Yes, Ron McHatton announced it today at judging. His contributions to orchidology are innumerable!

It's sad. I met him again just last September. He had a great memory. He asked me about my Phalaenopsis violacea var. mentawai which he saw at my greenhouse 10-12 years ago. He will be missed.

Then it is indeed a great loss. We don't get to meet many of these great orchid personnalities here in Quebec. Too bad.

Then it is indeed a great loss. We don't get to meet many of these great orchid personnalities here in Quebec. Too bad.

Personality is certainly a good word for Eric! He was certainly memorable once you met him once.

The loss of his great knowledge and keen intellect is a great loss to the orchid community and I personally will miss him. I very much enjoyed his company; he could be quite charming and witty. It is a shock.

Personality is certainly a good word for Eric! He was certainly memorable once you met him once.

He was a science fiction fan. Personally, I like crime fiction but for some reason we talked about Star Trek the first time I met him.

I hope someone picks up the Maxillaria book where he left off. Timber Press wasn't hot to print it in this economy, so he was considering self publication.... hopefully that means its in some sort of shape. Golly, can you imagine his desk? I mean, I know what my desk looks like. I can't imagine what someone's who actually's trying to accomplish something looks like... *G*.

Ah, Eric.

Latest posts

Back