Encyclia phoenicia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nikv

Hi!

Just like every year at this time, my Encyclia phoenicia is blooming. This year is the best display so far. I originally purchased this plant from Neptune Orchids in Florida, which if I'm not mistaken, is Jay Pfahl's orchid business.

IMG_0601a.jpg

IMG_0594a.jpg

IMG_0597a.jpg

I really like this flower and think this is a good one! It's a very easy grower. :)

Best Regards,
Nik

That is one impressive Encyclia. I like the long arching flower stem. What does the plant look like? Does it have a scent?

The plants in your green house look very healthy and I see you are using every nook and cranny for plants, but you can still hang some Tolumnia infront of the window :)

tt

Hi Everyone!

Yes, this one does have a scent, somewhere between fruit punch and my grandmother's perfume. It's very "flower-y". I took a couple more photos this morning to show the whole plant.

IMG_0617a.jpg

IMG_0616a.jpg

The stem is about 30 inches long. The color of the flowers is actually darker than what you see in my photos. The flash seems to lighten them quite a bit.

Best Regards,
Nik

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

Just a quick update. I wanted to show you the true color of this flower so I took this photo outdoors with only natural daylight. As you can see, the color is more intense!

IMG_0619a.jpg

This orchid is a lot more fragrant during the daytime than it is during the evening. It was very aromatic when I was taking the photo!

Best Regards,
Nik

Latest posts

Back