Drought period in California finshed by Climate change

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have had very good rains in Eastern Australia after a long period of drought - good times ahead (until the next drought)

Mostly coastal though. Away from the coast much of the country is still in drought. It is raining here as I type this after many weeks without rain.

And look for record breaking firestorms in California this summer
Each year more and more bungalows and villas will be built in the Californian fire areas. So You will have a record all 2 or 3 years.

Yep, the drought is over in California/Oregon, which will delay fires for those states until late summer but we have drought conditions here in Washington, . We are expected to have our worst fire season on record this summer. That along with the continued severe drought in BC Canada, should spell more doom for the Northwest..at least until late september

The drought in this part of the world is just getting worse -

What about drought in the past. I think it was worse in the times before climate change.

Melinda Pavey, the state minister for water, said Sydney was experiencing some of the lowest inflows into its dams since the 1940s.

We are expected to have our worst fire season on record this summer. That along with the continued severe drought in BC Canada, should spell more doom for the Northwest..at least until late september

Such forecast is scientifically not possible due to too many unstable processes in weather development. There is the same problem in forecasting the stock market price

Last edited:
I'm a Water Systems Operator, aka, a "ditch tender" for the surrounding Irrigation District. All we do is water. We run water through canals and deliver it to farmers, which all depends on snow levels and snow pack. Our rain and snow levels broke records this year!! I'm from a natural desert. The Central Valley of California where we average 9" of rain per year and our spring, summer, and fall temp's average 95-110 degrees Fahrenheit!!! Soooo..., this liberal "global warming" non sense is GREAT!!!! Keep it coming!!! Our citizens love it and our farmers love it to put food on all of our tables!
So...,
Long live the republic!
And God bless America and it's farmers!

Such forecast is scientifically not possible due to too many unstable processes in weather development. There is the same problem in forecasting the stock market price

The forecast is based on typical weather patterns that occur in our summer...hot and dry. Happens every year like clockwork, usually starts first week of July and continues till mid sept. I cant remember the last time this did not happen. And because we had one of the best snowpacks and a great amount of new growth , the fuel for such fires will be one of the biggest in years. And plenty of oxygen. Nice fire triangle. Please stop with your ramblings about chaos in natural systems.

Unless, you are admitting that human made climate change is real and will alter our natural weather pattern???????

Last edited:
enjoy it while you can ..your drought will be back next year...like you said..you come from a natural desert
Yes you are right... it wouldn't be an issue if my stupid liberal state wouldve spent billions to make new reservoirs, instead of a stupid bullet train.

It never ceases to amaze me how hobbies like this and reptile keeping which are intrinsically intertwined with life sciences manage to attract people with such disdain for science and nonhuman life.

It never ceases to amaze me how hobbies like this and reptile keeping which are intrinsically intertwined with life sciences manage to attract people with such disdain for science and nonhuman life.

well, Darwin was a famous engineer, right?

The forecast is based on typical weather patterns that occur in our summer...hot and dry. Happens every year like clockwork, usually starts first week of July and continues till mid sept. I cant remember the last time this did not happen. And because we had one of the best snowpacks and a great amount of new growth , the fuel for such fires will be one of the biggest in years. And plenty of oxygen. Nice fire triangle. Please stop with your ramblings about chaos in natural systems.

A typical weather pattern doesn't help You, because it is only typical but not true for a special time of the year.
So forecast is not possible. All scientists know about that and You will have the same insight, when You get a master degree in physics or similar.

Latest posts

Back