different type of paphiopedilum delenatii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakone

Reaction score
Paphiopedilum delenatii type china
delachinabildgrendernin9.jpg

above : type china , down: type vietnam

delavietbildgrendernft4.jpg

right: flask 2 year , left : type china

delaflaskbildgrendernlb4.jpg

has someone an explanation :sob:

Hakone,
If you're.. only one fantasy to sells :poke:I'm in the market to buy!!!! PM with your price! When I bloom it I'll let you know if there is a difference:D

Interesting, I love comparing leaves and I noticed before that my two delenatii look slightly different.

They are both albums, the larger one came from a US vendor and the baby is from a German one.

Fascinating, huh? Will be interesting to compare the flowers.

delentiileaves.jpg

I've never heard of "type China." My guess is that someone put that on the tag to indicate that this one is from China.

The plants vegetations are quite different. And same as Rick (SlipperKing), I would love to have access to both types too.

What make me wonder is where this delenatii var China comes from(the report is from Yunnan)
-Is this so inaccessible a location, that nobody ever be able to find it until now. Or is it found in the locations that other chineses parvies also grown? If it is, why nobody pays attention to the plants until now? not that the leaf is so drab that one can miss it easily?

-The second wave of delenatii in vietnam have been exported around 1990 after the rediscovery. Vietnam exports literally tons & tons of delenatii to china since that date (approximately more or less about 18 years, enough time to breed many generations of special plants). (in any population, you have variations, if you are to pick out the smallest leaf type plants , or largest leaf type plants and breeding them separately, or the parfum ones versus non parfum, you will create a new type.) In fact the year before the last GNYOS international orchid show, almost every seller table is with delenatii, all different leaf difference [not because of maturity stage], flower sizes, some with fragrance & some with absolutely no smell to them at all.

-I have some delenatii from orchid inn that the leaf size are totally different from the delenatii from another seller ( not drastically different as the ones shown by Hakone, but different enough that anyone without orchid experience would say they are two different types)

Elena - I think I may have bought a delenatii from the same German vendor! It was listed under delenatii China...? It's definitely smaller than my normal and alba forms, but until it blooms, I have no idea how big it will get before it puts up a spike!

Dan

Umm, Elena...if you want to trade for the bottom one...:rolleyes:

Trade for an album leuco? :p

Dan, mine was from Popow. White Shine x self although I don't remember if there was a mention of it being a China type. These are my only two delenatii plants so I can't really compare them. The seedling's been quite vigorous so far which was a nice surprise as I was worried that being a young plant and an albino selfing it would be a bit weak.

Ah ok, then I was completely wrong! Different German nursery!! I think I'm going to be on the look-out for the dunkel form now - I absolutely love it!

Dan

Hakone,
Is your var. China pushing up a bud? It's not easy to tell from the top photo. What's the leaf span on it?

Back