Dendrobium falcorostrum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone

Reaction score
It normally grows high up in Nothofagus trees but this was found growing on top of a rock and has pseudobulbs half the length of the normal form.
I have given it the name D. falcorostrum ''Short form'':D

Beautiful plant, I can almost smell it from here! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks David. But what about D.superbiens or canaliculatum or nindii or jonesii or..... but yes its hard to beat.

I was going to mention D. jonesii as a contender... Especially plants from higher elevation. Not sure I could really pick a favorite, though.

Thanks David. But what about D.superbiens or canaliculatum or nindii or jonesii or..... but yes its hard to beat.

They are all nice. But the pristine white flowers, with great shape, thick substance and incredible perfume wins it for me. To see a specimen falcorostrum in full flower is a sight to behold.

Nice! About how big is that whole plant? How did you photograph it? Did you bring your own 'background cloth' with you in case you found a nice specimen?

beautiful! any chance of pollinating a few flowers and sharing some seed? I was attempting to get some falcorostrum from an australian grower, and then heard that a typhoon wiped out all of his plants and he gave up orchids :(

beautiful! any chance of pollinating a few flowers and sharing some seed? I was attempting to get some falcorostrum from an australian grower, and then heard that a typhoon wiped out all of his plants and he gave up orchids :(

Yes I could do that or I could send you a piece?

Latest posts

Back