Dend. victoria-reginae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Hey y'all,

I just got one of these and I am curious as to how others are growing it. It is in spike and has a nice new growth and an older growth or two. It came in sphagnum and a clay pot.

As a refresher, I grow in a basement which is generally between 55° to 65° in the winter and up to 75° in the summer (so far anyway.) I'd love to know how others are growing it with regards to mix and pots and light and temps.

Thanks in advance!
Heather

HI Heather -- I grow mine on a treefern slab in somewhat intermediate conditions with no winter rest-- hope this helps

Also mounted, but cool and low light. Water whole year as all my dendros do, but no fetrilizer in winter.
Charles

I've had luck with it, and I currently grow Mingle's Sapphire, which is a hybrid of it. Grows easy for me under lights in intermediate temps, outdoors in shade with morning sun. A gorgeous plant. Eric

Yeah, its real easy in a pot....and its only in a 2.5" rose pot. Eric

I grow it in the greenhouse. Right in front of the humidifier and in a basket. Wet it daily and fertilize every 2 weeks. Mine is currently in bloom as well. I hang it up high in the greenhouse to get plenty of sunlight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back