delenatii Progression Thread

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
I really hate winter, which is why I started growing tropical orchids after I got hooked on Cyps. I like Paph delenatii because it resembles one of my favorite Cyps, reginae. On this cold winter day this delenatii is beginning to spike. It's a first-bloom seedling. I expect it to be quite good because both its parents were awarded ('Amy's Challenge' AM/AOS x 'Hsiny-Ming' SM/TPS). I got this plant at a show in October 2008, from Paphanatics.

Update

Because I am bored right now, I am posting an update. It's been a week since the first photo was taken, and the spike has grown about an inch. I could be wrong, but it looks like there may be a tiny second bud developing.

I have two "Hsin Ming' SM/TPS x 'HF Amy's Challenge' AM/AOS plants that I'm guessing are the reverse cross of yours and they both have bloomed very nice and big. Best of luck with yours it'll be in flower before you know it.

Update

Alright, it's now been 2 weeks since the first photo, and the spike is about 3 inches long. It definately has a second bud forming. I am getting excited :D. I guess this thread will be updated every week!

It looks great! I have one at about the same stage. It's so much fun! I notice you also have a yellow Neo. Sweet!:D

Latest posts

Back