delenatii and hcm

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annab

Reaction score
11may 2013
viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]
wide flower is 8cm and the stalk is tall 24cm.

viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]

hcm 11may 2013 .
viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]
viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]
viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]
cross finger for my hcm development.
anna

It should be more flat, is a bit waged and crisp.
is not easy take a photo ,I have a cheap camera and capture the color is very hard for me .
anyway the stalk is 34cm and the flower is 12cm across natural span X 10cm of vertical .
I hope that when the plant become more vigorous also the flower improve.

21l5p5d.jpg
[/IMG]
Anna

may not be quite what you wanted in form BUT ....
1). I'd be happy with a HCM that bloomed!
2). I think it has good potential, it does not have droopy hound dog ears, the flower size seems good, the dorsal is good too!

Anna, those are both nice flowers.

Looking at that HCM, there was a discussion about distinguishing the difference between an HCM and a vietnamense is looking at that staminoid. Some say HCM should have red pigment while the vietnamense is just plain green/yellow. Looking at your HCM, I would say then that that is not a really reliable feature to tell the two apart. Wouldn't you agree?

Looking at that HCM, there was a discussion about distinguishing the difference between an HCM and a vietnamense is looking at that staminoid. Some say HCM should have red pigment while the vietnamense is just plain green/yellow.
good point,you're quite right,pointed out something that I did not know.so looking on google images I seen that hcm staminoid has a spot of red that mine hasn't .on the tag was clearly write hcm but staminoid of this has no red pigment so it is more similar to a vietnamense than hcm.
only the petals are so different,no like beagle ears.
surely to keep.
bye ,Anna

I'm not up to Paph. lingo just yet. Please explain hcm? If this is a first
bloom flower, it will improve with time and maturity, don't you think?
Hi abax, paphiopedilum Ho Chi Minh is an hybrid from (delenatii X vietnamense ).in my hands is the first bloom but the plant has already bloom,as you can see in the third photo .yes I think the next bloom will be better ( cross finger)!
bye,Anna

Latest posts

Back