Cattleya percivaliana album 'Anja'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This year was the first complete growing season for this pant on my window sill and she's flowering again with 2 flowers. Unfortunately the flowers opened while I was away for some time so one of them leaned with the petal at the window pane. Nevertheless I think there is a slightly improvement compared with the first flowering.

10374_cattleya_percivaliana_album_Anja.jpg

10376_cattleya_percivaliana_album_Anja.jpg

Nice photos! How big is the flower of this clone?
Many years ago, I bought a seedling after I saw a photo of the alba form of this species...Years later, it bloomed but the flower was so small, nothing like the type species...I was very disappointed with it. After a couple more bloomings, the flower was still very small....Mine must be a bad clone--I still have it but I am going to trash it after this blooming cycle.

Thanks for the measurements. Yours is a little bigger than mine, but still not as big as the flower of the type species that I remember....
I don't mind the smaller flower, I just wish the flower would look fuller, a classic look like the pink type...perhaps that is what it is then. I might take a photo of mine when it is in bloom(soon) and see what others may think... to me, it( mine) is good enough to keep unless a miracle happens.

Latest posts

Back