Cypripedium wardii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard

Reaction score
Does anyone in this forum cultivate Cypripedium wardii in his garden 'Successfully'?

What do you mean under 'Successfully'?
I have 2011 planted 2 cypripedium wardii .

Hakone, where do you live?

Gerhard, it is my understanding that Cyp. wardii is incredibly difficult or even impossible to cultivate, long term. Hopefully, people are finding ways to make this little plant happy. I'd love to grow it; but, not if it's wild collected and it is doomed to die in my care.

Tai, you know that with acaule we mean as 'Successfully' 5 years or more. But not necessarily will they bloom every year. There is really too little known about the live span of cypripediums in nature as well as in gardens.
I know of several people that cultivate wardii in gardens, but I don't know how long they have had it there. There is a fellow in Japan that successfully cultivates it , but thru Tom Velardi this person is not willing to share his methods with the rest, I think it is a little selfish. www.cypripedium.de I do have one wardii that shows up every year for the past 4 years, but has never flowered and it has not increased.

- the plant may not bloom every year
- as long as they do not bloom , you can ´t say that they are real varietie
- I have 2 plants as 3 years old plant, I'll wait.
- As long as the plants each year comes back, the substrate is OK

Tai, you know that with acaule we mean as 'Successfully' 5 years or more. But not necessarily will they bloom every year. There is really too little known about the live span of cypripediums in nature as well as in gardens.
I know of several people that cultivate wardii in gardens, but I don't know how long they have had it there. There is a fellow in Japan that successfully cultivates it , but thru Tom Velardi this person is not willing to share his methods with the rest, I think it is a little selfish. www.cypripedium.de I do have one wardii that shows up every year for the past 4 years, but has never flowered and it has not increased.

Tom's photo shows two flowering wardii, how long they are in the earth, are no data . Your interpretation is incorrect .

There is no interpretation from Gerhard. So, what do You mean?

Please read the highlighted sentence in bold and read over again in cympripdium.de about wardii.

How know Gerhard, wardii that grow in Japan : Gerhard´s Interpretation

Please read the highlighted sentence in bold and read over again in cympripdium.de about wardii.

How know Gerhard, wardii that grow in Japan : Gerhard´s Interpretation

Sorry, there is no interpretation from Gerhard. You are misunderstandig somewhat.
If Gerhard knows somebody in Japan who is growing Cypripedium wardii, that has nothing to do with interpretation. Gerhard knows a lot of Cypripedium growers around the world, also a grower of Cypripedium macranthum rebunense.

Why should we fight about Gerhard´s Interpreation , Gerhard will say precisely what he means.

I have also read this post 4 years ago. Unless I misread it that picture was taken in Japan. And I don't see any reference that it belongs to Ron. Do you mean the picture or the plants?

I do not understand what you mean. This page I read 4 years ago. Some writers I know.
Is this photo taken in Japan. If I'm not mistaken , this is Ron's photo.

I also have read this post 4 years ago. Where does it say it was Ron's photo? Is it Ron's photo, whose plants? If I read the post correctly, those plants are /were growing in Japan in a garden setting.

Latest posts

Back