Cypripedium Lucy Pinkepank

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cyp Philipp

Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome.
Dot - I have around 60 cyps, all growing in mainly super coarse perlite in large pots.
They've been a slow burner for me as far as growing them is concerned. I started off in 2004 with just a couple and this increased slowly until the last couple of years when it has taken off.
There are lots of people offering them for sale in Europe. The increased availability of the 'much easier to grow' hybrids together with finally sorting out my culture has really increased my interest in this group.
I look forward to posting photos of the flowers next spring. Some have increased quickly and should give a good show.
Tom(?) -thanks - there does seem to be plenty of activity here. I also like to remind myself of what I'm missing for nine months of the year! I just wish we had a few hybrids that extended the season.
Just for the heck of it, here is another reminder of spring.
Cyp.Philipp , the sister hybrid of Lucy ( made with macranthos rather than tibeticum onto kentuckiense) and altogether a more elegant flower. This clone has the edge of the staminode and the internal opening of the lip picked out in dark red, ( reginae in the background),
Regards,
David

Attachments

• philipp 2.jpg
    philipp 2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 8
Well, David, I would not say that starting with a couple in 2004 and growing them to about 60 in 5 years is a slow burner!!! :D But I'm looking forward to seeing all your blooms. These are really lovely.

Well, David, I would not say that starting with a couple in 2004 and growing them to about 60 in 5 years is a slow burner!!! :D But I'm looking forward to seeing all your blooms. These are really lovely.

I agree! I started with one in 2002 and I only have half the Cyp collection you have!

Back